Location: Vancouver Island, Metro Vancouver or Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
Reports to: Manager, Customer Operations
Since 1992, Delta-X Research has helped the electric power industry maintain the globe’s largest infrastructure in the most efficient, reliable and cost-effective manner possible. As a result of our research in advanced analytics, we are privileged to provide the industry-leading tool, Transformer Oil Analyst (TOA) software, for providing correct and timely assessments of the health of high-voltage apparatus so the electricity system can be operated safely, reliably and most cost-effectively. Generation, transmission and distribution utilities, as well as leading industrial operations, around the world rely on Delta-X Research to help manage risk, improve reliability, optimize maintenance activities and maximize return-on-investment of their high-value assets.
A Bit about Working with Us:
- We are focused on our customers!
- We love to work with excellent technology and quirky personalities;
- We value and contribute to open, truthful, and egalitarian communication, top to bottom;
- We consider failure an opportunity for learning; and
- We collaborate across departments, and win as one team.
As a Technical Service Specialist, you will act as a customer hub of our company: you will be our customers’ first line of contact, and will champion the problems and needs of the customers internally. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our customers and our internal teams, including the development, sales and marketing teams to set our customers up for success. We are a growing company, and there is plenty of room for growth and professional development. We are looking for somebody excited and proactive, and who will truly own the Technical Service Specialist role.
A Bit About You:
- You have 2+ years of end-user support experience, and general network and server support experience;
- You demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- You are an excellent written and spoken communicator, in English;
- You use strong interpersonal skills to deal with a wide range of customers with varying technical and computer abilities;
- You are patient, empathetic and have a desire to serve and learn;
- You can travel occasionally within Canada and the USA (when it is safe to do so!); and
- You start each morning wanting to make a difference.
For bonus points:
- You have a post-secondary education in any STEM program or equivalent;
- You have a technical understanding of electrical power systems;
- You have experience working with electricity utilities, particularly in the area of substation maintenance; and
- You speak and write in Spanish.
- Lead email and telephone support for technical support requests, ensuring a patient, empathetic, timely, and effective response/resolution;
- Guide customers through onboarding and implementation to ensure that they are set up for a successful experience with our product;
- Lead workflow and technical training for new and existing customers;
- Create support documentation, including training materials, FAQs, and product documentation;
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create and implement customer engagement campaigns;
- Collaborate with the product development team to test new product features and fixes;
- Champion customer needs within the organization; and
- Maintain accurate customer records.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF formats only) outlining your experience as it relates to the above responsibilities and qualifications to email@example.com. Please include salary expectations and availability details.
Quote “Technical Support Representative” in subject line in order to be considered.
All applicants are appreciated; unfortunately, we can only contact those to be interviewed. No phone calls, please.
Thank you for considering Delta-X Research.