Reports To: Project Manager
Delta-X Research is a small and growing company operating in Victoria since 1992. Our business is to help electric utilities and large industrial plants assess the health of their power transformers and related high-voltage electrical equipment, which are assets critical to ensuring the lights stay on. We develop software, perform related scientific research, and provide technical support to our customers. Our product, Transformer Oil Analyst (TOA), is widely used in North America and abroad, and because of that success and an intensified marketing and sales effort, we anticipate demand for our solutions to expand significantly in the next few years.
About the Job
The UX & Product Designer is a new role at Delta-X Research. We are looking for someone who is excited about the work and about building design expertise in Delta-X Research.
We're working towards significant improvements to our products by end of 2023.
- Product design: Understand our customers
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deeply understand our customers, their business, and their workflows; and
- Plan and execute customer and market research to better understand industry needs.
- UX design: Understand how our customers interact with the product
- Lead end-to-end user experience design to create a scalable framework to serve current and future product development; and
- Identify gaps and re-imagine existing functionality with a new user experience framework.
- UI design: Understanding the product
- Creating UI designs, translating concepts and designs into sketches, wireframes and prototypes consistent with Delta-X Research's brand.
- Cross-company collaboration
- Provide design and implementation support to the development team; and,
- Collaborate with visual designers and Marketing to incorporate a visual and/or brand identity into the product.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Starts each morning wanting to make a difference;
- Has excellent written and spoken communication skills and is an exceptional listener;
- Values relationships with colleagues and clients and puts in the effort to build strong relationships;
- Has high emotional intelligence, values collaboration and consensus building; and
- Can see the big picture - be a systems thinker - and see all the component parts and their connections to the big picture.
- Degree or diploma in a design or technology discipline or a related field;
- 5+ years experience with product design and UX in a SaaS environment;
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, usability, accessibility, and testing methodologies;
- Experience with wireframing, prototyping, and creating mock ups; and
- Experience conducting user research, running usability tests.
Nice to haves
- Experience with a power utility is helpful
Why join Delta-X Research?
Electric utilities and energy-intensive companies provide the foundation on which economies, communities and quality of life are built. At Delta-X Research, our science-based decision support tools and services provide information needed to make timely, confident decisions about their electrical assets.
As part of our team, you’ll do challenging and rewarding work in an organization that empowers employees, and values professionalism and scientific inquiry. You'll enjoy the benefits of competitive compensation, a collaborative work environment, flexible work arrangements, and genuine work-life balance. And you'll see your work being used and valued by companies that keep the power on and the world moving forward.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter (in PDF format only) outlining your experience and qualifications to email@example.com. Please ensure your cover letter includes specific examples demonstrating your experience in several of this role's accountabilities.
- Please quote “UX & Product Designer” in the subject line in order to be considered.
- All applicants are appreciated; unfortunately, we can only contact those selected to be interviewed.
Delta-X Research is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and values the contribution that each person brings. Thank you for considering Delta-X Research.