Reports to: President & CEO Location: Victoria or Vancouver
About the Job
To help our growth, we are seeking a Product Development Leader as a new member of our executive team responsible for leading our team of developers, designers and project managers who create and maintain our software-based products. You will build and inspire a highly productive team that is fulfilled when our customers, who are committed to keeping the power on and the world moving forward, are delighted with our solutions. Your technical thought leadership will guide the company and be a key contributor to product strategy.
- Direct product development activities, from product conception to end-of-life, to support the successful launch and life of new and legacy products.
- Collaborate with product management to define requirements and consider trade-offs as constraints are revealed.
- Lead or oversee the creation and execution of development plans that deliver products in accordance with agreed to quality, schedule and financial parameters.
- Contribute to the implementation and continuous improvement of the Company’s security posture in accordance with industry practices.
- Support Customer Operations in delivering maximum value from customers’ investments in our products.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of product strategy, customer commitments and general product maintenance requirements.
- Evolve the organizational structure, processes and practices to enable the team to efficiently produce high quality work on time and on budget.
- Contribute to product strategy via collaboration with product management, the leadership team, and the CEO.
- Provide thought leadership in identifying technology trends and standards developments that may impact or can enhance our products.
- Support product management with contributions that help build and track the business case to justify product investments.
- Lead the Product Development team in a manner congruent with the corporate and the product strategies.
- Implement appropriate reporting to measure progress and ensure accountability to the company’s plans.
- With the executive leaders, contribute to the company’s strategic and operations plans, including financial forecasting.
- Occasionally participate in customer and industry-facing activities and be a positive representative of the company.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in a STEM program. Any advanced educational qualifications are welcome.
- 10+ years of experience developing new software products.
- 5+ years of managing people at the departmental level or directing multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrable record of delivering significant software projects on time with high quality.
- Experience with growth and/or SaaS companies is helpful.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understands software development processes, particularly in a SaaS environment.
- Understands cyber security and assessment of threat vectors is helpful.
- Understanding of electric power systems or the electric utility industry is helpful.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Software structured/systems design methods
- Excellent communicator of spoken and written English. Listens well, and is articulate and easy to understand. Can explain complex ideas in an organized manner at all levels of the company.
- Able to influence key decision makers regarding product and technology issues.
- Experience with outsourcing and contract management
- Thrives when building a shared vision through collaboration across functional teams.
- Leads by example, takes calculated risks, and champions the product vision.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Owns problems and aptly manages ambiguity as it arises.
- Able to travel within Canada and the USA.
- Starts each morning wanting to make a difference.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter (PDF formats only) outlining your experience as it relates to the above responsibilities and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please quote “Product Development Leader” in subject line in order to be considered;
- Please include salary expectations and availability details;
- All applicants are appreciated; unfortunately, we can only contact those to be interviewed. No phone calls, please.
Delta-X Research is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and values the contribution that each person brings. Thank you for considering Delta-X Research!