Common TOA4 Import Problems
When you are trying to import test data into your TOA4 Online account, there can be various reasons why either TOA4 refuses to accept the data file or some of the data records don’t get imported. Here are some cases that users have encountered so far:
File upload fails
- Error parsing data file. Usually, this means that you have clicked the wrong thing and tried to upload a spreadsheet (.xls) or word processing (.doc) file. Sometimes it means that the file has been corrupted and contains non-text gibberish.
Import operation fails
- Missing or mis-named required columns. For example, if the apparatus type (apprtype) column is not found, neither equipment nor test data can be imported. Often it turns out that the column is not missing, but its name is spelled wrong.
- Missing sampledate column. This one is mentioned separately because it can happen in an unexpected way. If the data file has a sampledate column, but you do not designate the correct date format when uploading the file, all the sample dates will be treated as blanks, and the sampledate column will appear to be missing from the uploaded file.
- Duplicate columns. There are two columns which either have the same name or which have different names that TOA4 considers to be equivalent (e.g. location and substn_name).
Some data records are imported, but others are not
- When you are importing equipment, and some of the equipment numbers or serial numbers (in combination with the apparatus type) already belong to equipment in the database, those records are not imported.
- When you are importing data, and some of the equipment numbers or serial numbers (in combination with the apparatus type) do not belong to any of the equipment in the database, those records are not imported.
- When you are importing data, and the Confirm Operation dialog says that some tanks need to be created, the data records that need the new tank(s) are not imported unless you check the Create new tanks? checkbox to give permission for creating the new tanks.