Location: USA or Canada
Since 1992, Delta-X Research has helped the electric power industry maintain the globe’s largest infrastructure in the most efficient, reliable and cost effective manner possible. As a result of our research in advanced analytics, we are privileged to provide an industry leading tool, Transformer Oil Analyst (TOA), that generates accurate and timely assessments of the health of high-voltage apparatus so the electricity system can be operated safely, reliably and most cost effectively. Generation, transmission and distribution utilities, as well as leading industrial operations, around the world rely on Delta-X Research to help manage risk, improve reliability, optimize maintenance and maximize return-on-investment of their high-value assets.
We are seeking a results-driven sales professional to actively seek out and engage new opportunities in the USA and Canada, and consistently achieve or exceed sales goals. You will be responsible for creating, managing and executing a strategic territory and sales plan that encourages multi-angle access into accounts. You will be a highly driven team player who can also lead a group to positive outcomes. When a customer implements our solutions, their value expectations will be met and they will be confident that they made an excellent decision in selecting our Company.
- Exceed quarterly and annual sales booking targets in assigned territory
- Prospect into targeted market segments. Develop and execute field sales campaigns to create demand, and build and manage a robust funnel of new business.
- Identify, qualify, orchestrate and close new business within net new and existing accounts. Plan and manage both account and deal strategy. Manage multiple complex sales processes simultaneously.
- Develop a detailed understanding of organizational structure, competitive landscape and technology heat map within the funnel account list.
- Articulate Delta-X Research’s value proposition to senior operations, engineering and IT leaders, effectively identify and quantify customer pains, highlight ROI and business value through a consultative sales approach.
- Collaborate internally to seek assistance in achieving sales objectives and to contribute to customer operations, marketing, and product management.
- Establish & maintain strong and referenceable relationships with existing client base.
- Assist with subscriber renewals, including implementation of price adjustments and account true ups.
- Forecast accurately and maintain the Company’s CRM system of record.
- Minimum six years of outside sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment, and a track record of consistent over-achievement against assigned quota
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Strong technical knowledge of electrical power systems
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Listens well, and is articulate and easy to understand. Can explain complex ideas in a clear and organized manner.
- Effective at engaging customers at all levels within an organization, from the field teams responsible for keeping the electricity flowing all the way to the C-suite who authorizes significant purchases
- Proficient computer skills
- Enjoys and able to travel frequently within the USA and Canada to meet customers
- Starts each morning wanting to make a difference
Candidates with the following additional attributes are desirable:
- Experience working with electricity utilities, particularly in the area of substation maintenance
- Experience selling software solutions, particularly in a SaaS model
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF formats only) outlining your experience as it relates to the above responsibilities and qualifications to email@example.com.
Please quote “Sales Manager” in subject line in order to be considered.
All applicants are appreciated; unfortunately, we can only contact those to be interviewed. Strictly no phone calls.
Thank you for considering Delta-X Research!