Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Since 1992, Delta-X Research has helped the electric power industry maintain the globe’s largest infrastructure and keep the lights on! As a result of our research in advanced analytics, we are privileged to provide the industry-leading tool, Transformer Oil Analyst (TOA), for providing correct and timely assessments of the health of high-voltage apparatus so the electricity system can be operated safely, reliably and most cost-effectively. As a result of our success and intensified marketing and sales efforts, we anticipate demand for our products and services to expand significantly in the next few years.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Administrator, who will support the Sales team, be the information coordinator between the team and the rest of the Company, and be responsible for running an efficient and pleasant workplace. You will ensure that all sales data is recorded and communicated accurately and completely throughout the customer life cycle, and you will have an opportunity to enhance our sales operations processes.
You will wear multiple hats throughout the workday while prioritizing the most important tasks on your list. With a can-do attitude and a continuous improvement mindset, you will become an essential player that facilitates the whole team moving forward. Your exceptional service will leave your clients, both external and internal, confident that their needs are in excellent hands.
- Follow up with customers via telephone and e-mail regarding administrative matters, particularly for processing software subscription renewal orders in a timely fashion.
- Generate proposals and quotations for the Sales team.
- Ensure the receipt and processing of purchase orders to properly invoice.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to ensure the CRM has the most accurate and up-to-date information about pre- and post-sales activities.
- Enter and coordinate data between accounting systems and CRM.
- Identify and implement sales operations process improvements.
- Support the adoption of a new CRM, including data migration, process creation and implementation.
- Provide visibility of sales information and metrics through regular and ad hoc reporting, preferably via preformulated dashboard tools. Additional tools may be created as needed.
- Track status of contracts in progress and organize completed contracts.
- Organize and manage office operations including administrative processes, supplies, maintenance and cleaning services.
- Maintain an organized filing system of electronic and paper records
- Provide logistical planning and support as required, including trade shows, travel arrangements and corporate events
- Answer and direct telephone calls, reply to inquiries, and greet and support visitors
- A college diploma or an associate degree from an accredited post-secondary institution with at least 3 years of relevant sales support/administrative experience OR a bachelor’s degree in business or related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Affinity for organization with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- A creative mind able to suggest improvements and solve problems
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Listens well, and is articulate and easy to understand.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and customer relationship management (CRM) systems, and adept at learning new software systems.
- Starts each morning wanting to make a difference
Candidates with the following additional attributes are desirable:
- Experience working in an engineering or technical environment, with some degree of interest in science and technology.
- Previous experience with HubSpot or Zoho CRM systems.
- Understanding of business processes.
- Previous office management experience
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF formats only) outlining your experience related to the above responsibilities and qualifications to email@example.com.
Please quote “Sales Administrator” in the subject line in order to be considered.
All applicants are appreciated; unfortunately, we can only contact those selected to be interviewed. Strictly no phone calls.
Thank you for considering Delta-X Research.