Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Remote / Victoria BC
Delta-X Research is a small and growing company operating in Victoria since 1992. Our business is to help operators of high-voltage electrical equipment, including power transformers, assess the health of their critical assets so they can maintain a high level of reliability and service. Our flagship product, Transformer Oil Analyst ™ (TOA), is a key decision-support tool provided as a Software-as-a-Service to electric utilities and large industrial facilities throughout North America and around the world. We also perform related scientific research and provide technical support to our user community. We are privileged to serve most large utilities in the USA and Canada and they regularly ask us to explore new solutions to other problems. We anticipate that this strong customer engagement combined with an intensified marketing and sales effort will significantly increase demand for our solutions in the coming years. Our people value excellence, learning and helping our customers keep the lights on and the world moving forward!
About the Job
The Senior Software Developer is part of a small and mighty team that handles all areas of our technology stack. As part of the team, you architect, design and implement new features, manage cloud servers and deployments, plan cloud server improvements, build on-premise installation packages, debug code, and ensure product quality through code review and QC testing. You are also a critical participant in project scoping, estimating, and planning as well as a key stakeholder in internal process improvements.
- Software Development: Build the product
- Architect, design and implement new features in SaaS product that delight customers
- Build software images and packages for on-premises software installations
- Dev Ops: Deploy the product
- Manage cloud servers, including provisioning new servers, updating software, and deploying product releases
- Design and implement cloud server management improvements and automation
- Team collaboration
- Provide design and implementation support to the development team; and,
- Collaborate with visual designers and Marketing to incorporate a visual and/or brand identity into the product.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Starts each morning wanting to make a difference;
- Is knowledgeable about modern software development best practices for web applications delivered via SaaS, including version control, operating system fundamentals, database theory, and data modeling;
- Is a tenacious problem solving, and sticks with a problem until resolved; and
- Quickly learns and adopts new technologies.
- Four-year bachelor degree in a STEM field;
- 5+ years experience in software development, preferably in a SaaS environment; and
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
Nice to haves
- Experience with our software stack, including Linux and Python (numpy, matplotlib, scipy, pandas);
- Experience with networking, data acquisition, and embedded systems.
Why join Delta-X Research?
Electric utilities and energy-intensive companies provide the foundation on which economies, communities and quality of life are built. At Delta-X Research, our science-based decision-support tools and services provide information needed to make timely, confident decisions about their electrical assets.
As part of our team, you’ll do challenging and rewarding work in an organization that empowers employees, and values professionalism and curiosity. You’ll enjoy the benefits of competitive compensation, a collaborative work environment, flexible work arrangements, and a genuine work-life balance. And you’ll see your work being used and valued by companies that keep the power on and the world moving forward!
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter (in PDF format) outlining your experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your cover letter includes specific examples demonstrating your experience in several of this role’s accountabilities.
- Please quote “Senior Software Developer” in the subject line to be considered.
- All applicants are appreciated; unfortunately, we can only contact those selected to be interviewed.
Delta-X Research is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and values the contribution that each person makes. Thank you for considering Delta-X Research.