Salary Range: $74k - $87k
Reports To: Director of Marketing Communications
Delta-X Research is a small and growing company operating in Victoria since 1992. Our business is to help electric utilities and large industrial plants assess the health of their power transformers and related high-voltage electrical equipment, which are assets critical to ensuring the lights stay on. We develop software, perform related scientific research, and provide technical support to our customers. Our product, Transformer Oil Analyst (TOA), is widely used in North America and abroad, and because of that success and an intensified marketing and sales effort, we anticipate demand for our solutions to expand significantly in the next few years.
About the Job
The Senior Marketing Communications Specialist works side-by-side with the Director of Marketing Communications to support the full range of marketing communications activities, from assisting in creating the company’s marcom strategy to building individual assets. The most important aspect of this role is the development of clear and compelling content for our target audiences, followed closely by assisting with the planning, creating, and implementing of our marketing strategies and marcom approaches. Knowledge of and experience with digital marketing tools (like HubSpot) is also an essential component of this role.
- Create highly complex and scientific content that is clear and compelling
- Collaborate with our scientists and development team to capture complex and detailed information about our offers, and then synthesize it into meaningful and educational content for our target audience
- Collaborate with science and sales representatives to fully understand our product and communication needs
- Develop creative marketing copy and strategic content for corporate reports, presentations, and other written material in multiple online and offline mediums
- Develop direct marketing, advertising, articles and papers, and web content
- Manage video, web, or graphics projects with contractors
- Facilitate and produce webinars, for both customers and prospects
- Craft internal and external communications
- Assist the Director of Marketing Communications in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the strategic marketing plan
- Conduct and manage market research, data analysis, and survey deployment
- Design and implement marcom projects
- Develop the plan
- Identify the target audience
- Choose the activities
- Set the budget
- Implement the plan
- Measure and evaluate the plan and the results
- Implement content and digital marketing strategies
- Supporting blog creation, trade publication articles, newsletters, videos, etc.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marcom to build and maintain quality web content on the Delta-X Research website
- Draft and propose communications campaigns, which may include social and online media, print media, direct marketing, etc., and evaluate the success of the campaigns when completed
- Plan and attend trade shows and conferences
- Collaborate with the Director of Marcom to identify, organize and implement our company presence, speaking abstracts, and award submittals
- Occasionally represent the company by staffing the company booth
- Provide high-level communications advice and guidance to internal clients on complex corporate campaigns and key initiatives
- Organize and implement a process to manage speaking opportunities for our scientists
- Manage the daily operations of our marketing automation platform (HubSpot) and support our marketing efforts and campaigns via this platform
- Able to use social media and other various digital marketing tools to support and deliver our marcom content
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of our existing marketing tools and provide recommendations for new or upgraded tools based on industry best practices and the best available technology
- Able to do graphic design and layout activities and quickly create simple documents using existing templates
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Starts each morning wanting to make a difference
- Prides themselves on accuracy, organization, and attention to detail
- Can convert complex information into straightforward content
- Has exceptional interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written English-language communication skills
- Can multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Manages time effectively and meets deadlines
- Has a creative mind with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Undergraduate degree such as a Bachelor of Arts, Science, Commerce or Business Administration and Marketing
- 7-10 years of marcom experience
- Extensive experience in content creation in a scientific and/or high-tech environment
- Experience working with and managing contractors
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using digital marketing tools (like HubSpot)
- Strong competency in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop or similar tools
- Knowledge of current and emerging communications/marketing theories, principles, and concepts
- Experience with social media marketing
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of utility markets
- Experience with public speaking and presentations
Why join Delta-X Research?
Electric utilities and energy-intensive companies provide the foundation on which economies, communities and quality of life are built. At Delta-X Research, our science-based decision support tools and services provide information needed to make timely, confident decisions about their electrical assets.
As part of our team, you'll do challenging and rewarding work in an organization that empowers employees, and values professionalism and scientific inquiry. You'll enjoy the benefits of competitive compensation, a collaborative work environment, flexible work arrangements, and genuine work-life balance. And you'll see your work being used and valued by companies that keep the power on and the world moving forward.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF format only) outlining your experience and qualifications to email@example.com. Please ensure your cover letter includes specific examples demonstrating your experience in several of this role’s accountabilities.
- Please quote “Senior Marketing Communications Specialist” in the subject line in order to be considered.
- All applicants are appreciated; unfortunately, we can only contact those selected to be interviewed.
Delta-X Research is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and values the contribution that each person brings. Thank you for considering Delta-X Research.