Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Reports to: President & CEO
Delta-X Research is a small and growing company operating in Victoria since 1992. Our business is to help operators of high-voltage electrical equipment, including power transformers, assess the health of their critical assets so they can maintain a high level of reliability and service. Our flagship product, Transformer Oil Analyst ™ (TOA), is a key decision-support tool provided as a Software-as-a-Service to electric utilities and large industrial facilities throughout North America and around the world. We also perform related scientific research and provide technical support to our user community. We are privileged to serve most large utilities in the USA and Canada and they regularly ask us to explore new solutions to other problems. We anticipate that this strong customer engagement combined with an intensified marketing and sales effort will significantly increase demand for our solutions in the coming years. Our people value excellence, learning and helping our customers keep the lights on and the world moving forward!
About the Job
We are seeking a skilled and cheerful Executive Assistant (EA) to administer the operations of the CEO’s office. They will ensure information flows to the right people and departments, and projects with the CEO’s involvement or ownership are managed effectively. The EA is a key and trusted team member who has access to confidential and sensitive information and has authority to make certain decisions on behalf of the CEO. Exercising good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority and protecting confidential information is essential. The EA is also responsible for all CEO office administration. All the EA’s work is done with an eye to the company’s culture and business strategy, providing feedback and information to ensure initiatives remain in alignment with our culture and business objectives.
- CEO office operations
- Support the CEO on a day-to-day basis including staying organized, tracking priorities, assembling key information, and preparing for meetings.
- Responds to inquiries or refers them to the appropriate team member.
- Establishes work priorities and directs assignment of work to various department staff according to scope of allowed authority.
- Maintains confidential information for the company, team and leadership and ensures information is handled appropriately
- Research and prepare internal and external communications including reports, newsletters, and presentations
- Prepare financial reports and forecasts
- Support company culture and strategic alignment
- Create and maintain cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success and promote company culture
- Provide leadership with recommendations and consultation to improve teamwork across the organization
- Understand strategic initiatives and help communicate and implement them across the company
- Create and update dashboards for reviewing key performance indicators.
- Welcome new employees and assist with onboarding in conjunction with HR
- Meeting and event preparation
- Ensure key leadership meetings occur on schedule (e.g., quarterly), make any necessary adjustments to the meeting schedule, and invite all required attendees.
- Organize and prepare for meetings by ensuring materials are sent in advance, time is well spent, and objectives are achieved.
- Coordinate meeting logistics, e.g., book facilities, arrange catering.
- Plan and lead special events.
- Project management
- Manage C-suite projects and tasks
- Monitor information flow ensuring the CEO’s involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment.
- Follow up with team members for any deliverable items or project status.
- Organize and oversee the company’s document control system
- Create and streamline procedures and policies according to the needs of the company
- Oversee the approval of department expenses, including the review of employee expense claims for accuracy and adherence to policy on behalf of CEO
- Make travel arrangements, prepare itineraries, plan logistics, and submit expense reports
- Prepare meeting minutes and other correspondence
- Provide general administrative support, including managing the company’s library and telephone system
Our ideal candidate:
- Understands essential business principles and reporting mechanisms
- Demonstrates grace under pressure in an innovative and dynamic environment
- Serves others unreservedly and empathetically
- Is a critical and organized thinker
- Is exceptionally discreet and tactful
- Starts each morning wanting to make a difference
- Diploma in Business Administration/Commerce/Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years in an EA role working for a CEO (or C-suite role)
- Excellent proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools
- Proficiency in using current office enabling technology/applications (e.g., virtual meeting platforms, meeting room equipment, AV equipment, wireless displays, Slack, etc.)
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) or other technology company
- Experience working in the electrical utility industry
Why join Delta-X Research?
Electric utilities and energy-intensive companies provide the foundation on which economies, communities and quality of life are built. At Delta-X Research, our science-based decision-support tools and services provide information needed to make timely, confident decisions about their electrical assets.
As part of our team, you’ll do challenging and rewarding work in an organization that empowers employees, and values professionalism and curiosity. You’ll enjoy the benefits of competitive compensation, a collaborative work environment, flexible work arrangements, and genuine work-life balance. And you’ll see your work being used and valued by companies that keep the power on and the world moving forward!
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter (in PDF format) outlining your experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your cover letter includes specific examples demonstrating your experience in several of this role’s accountabilities.
- Please quote “Executive Assistant” in the subject line to be considered.
- All applicants are appreciated; unfortunately, we can only contact those selected to be interviewed.
Delta-X Research is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and values the contribution that each person makes. Thank you for considering Delta-X Research.