We are growing!
Since 1992, Delta-X Research has helped the electric power industry maintain the globe’s largest infrastructure. As a result of our research in advanced analytics, we are privileged to provide TOA4, an industry leading tool that generates accurate and timely assessments of the health of high-voltage apparatus so the electricity system can be operated safely, reliably and most cost effectively. Generation, transmission and distribution utilities, as well as leading industrial operations, around the world rely on Delta-X Research to help manage risk, improve reliability, optimize maintenance and maximize return-on-investment of their high-value assets.
Our customers work hard to keep the lights on and they rely on critical decision support tools, such as those provided by Delta-X Research, to fulfill their mission. We are seeking an intermediate or senior Software Project Manager who thrives at leading small teams and executing projects exceptionally well. You will be a leader who inspires your team to build and deliver products that instill confidence in our customers as they make difficult decisions regarding their million dollar assets. You are adept at eliciting and managing expectations with stakeholders, and negotiating changes as they occur. You collaborate, plan and communicate well. In the end, you will happily share the rewards and satisfaction of making our customers successful. When a customer uses our products, they will know they have chosen the right solution from the right Company.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the development team.
- Manage projects, including organizing, planning, tracking and reporting development activities.
- Work with team members to estimate effort and develop a schedule for project execution, including for projects with complex and not-completely defined requirements.
- Regularly communicate with internal and external stakeholders regarding progress, completion and release of projects.
- Define product requirements and project scope through research and analysis of customers’ real-world problems.
- Contribute to the design and development of the software products.
- Oversee project quality, and contribute to the improvement and automation of quality management and assurance processes.
- Identify and implement process and development environment improvements.
- Occasionally assist the Customer Operations team with supporting customers.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry or Physics from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in software development teams that have a track record of delivering high quality projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent communicator of spoken and written English. Listens well, and is articulate and easy to understand. Can explain complex ideas in an organized manner.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and in leading technical teams to success.
- Leads by example, takes calculated risks, and champions the project vision.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Takes ownership of problems and finding solutions. Aptly manages ambiguity as it arises.
- Demonstrated experience in business analysis and requirements definition.
- Skilled in one or more programming languages, and has a track record of delivering defect-free and efficient computer code.
- Proficient at applying computer science concepts (e.g. design methodologies, algorithmic complexity, fundamental data structures, computer architecture)
- Adept at using software tools (e.g. MS Project) to schedule and track multiple projects.
- Able to travel occasionally within Canada and the USA.
- Starts each morning wanting to make a difference.
Candidates with the following additional attributes are desirable:
- Skilled in the Python programming language
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Technical understanding of electrical power systems
- Experience working with electricity utilities, particularly in the area of substation maintenance
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF formats only) outlining your experience as it relates to the above responsibilities and qualifications to email@example.com.
Please quote “Software Project Manager” in subject line in order to be considered.
All applicants are appreciated; unfortunately, we can only contact those to be interviewed. Strictly no phone calls.
Thank you for considering Delta-X Research.