Role Description: Customer Operations Engineer
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reports to: Manager, Customer Operations
Since 1992, Delta-X Research has helped the electric power industry maintain the globe’s largest infrastructure in the most efficient, reliable and cost effective manner possible. As a result of our research in advanced analytics, we are privileged to provide the industry leading tool, TOA4, for providing accurate and timely assessments of the health of high-voltage apparatus so the electricity system can be operated safely, reliably and most cost effectively. Generation, transmission and distribution utilities, as well as leading industrial operations, around the world rely on Delta-X Research to help safeguard their critical assets and manage risk.
Our customers work hard to keep the electricity flowing and occasionally need help processing and understanding their data. Hence, we are looking for a Customer Operations Engineer who walks customers through the start-up process, and handles telephone and email support requests. You will be responsible for solving the customers’ problems, for all issues whether they relate to user error, product defects or something entirely else, to ensure the customers are meeting their goals and obtaining maximum benefit from our products. When a customer’s problem is fully resolved, they will reflect on a pleasant experience with you and our company. You will also be responsible for communicating with our development team about suspected defects and feature requests, and for exercising our products to ensure they meet expectations.
- Walk customers through the process of loading their data and using our products for the first time
- Help customers troubleshoot issues and provide support and actionable advice that resolves problems
- Write product help documentation
- Refer difficult cases to appropriate help within the company
- Call customers after problem resolution to ensure complete satisfaction
- Proactively call customers to ensure they are receiving full benefit from our products
- Contribute to maintaining the company’s CRM system, including validating and updating customer contact information
- Ensure the security of all customer and company data
- Maintain and improve the integrity of all customer and company data
- Train customers in the operation and application of our products
- Record product feature requests and defect reports
- Exercise new product functions and repairs to ensure they work to a high standard
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry or Physics
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, and communicates in a manner that customers understand
- Patience, empathy and a desire to serve
- Excellent computer skills
- Able to work independently and is consistently productive
- Able to travel occasionally within Canada and the USA
- Starts each morning wanting to make a difference
Candidates with the following additional attributes are desirable:
- Technical understanding of electrical power systems
- Experience working with electricity utilities, particularly in the area of substation maintenance
- Experience with software development
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF formats only) outlining your experience as it relates to the above responsibilities and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary expectations and availability details.
Quote “Customer Operations Engineer” in subject line in order to be considered.
All applicants are appreciated; unfortunately, we can only contact those to be interviewed. Strictly no phone calls.
Thank you for considering Delta-X Research.